Outreach Coordinator Position
The Beacon Center, Tennessee’s premier free market think tank, is seeking an outreach coordinator to help advance its mission of empowering Tennesseans to reclaim to control of their lives. The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for serving as the point person on the organization’s issue-specific projects; identifying and vetting stories for the organization’s policy and litigation efforts; supervising all coalition building; managing events; assisting in certain development and communications responsibilities; and serving as a special assistant to the CEO and senior staff.
- Serve as point person for all issue-specific projects, to include assisting the Director of Communications in the development and execution of all issue-specific project plans
- Find Tennesseans who are impacted by policy or legal hurdles and ensure that they will be positive representatives of the issue, and vet potential heroes (those whose stories we tell) who submit stories or case inquiries to Beacon, offering recommendations to senior staff for or against approval for using their stories
- Serve as point person for each hero with internal staff and external audiences
- Work closely with Director of Policy to develop a coalition partnership strategy, build coalitions for each Beacon priority, and set coalition meetings
- Coordinate all Beacon-sponsored events, to include identifying and securing speakers, reserving venues, setting up catering, collecting registrations, and arranging accommodations for speakers and special guests
- Receive and direct all phone calls and visits by constituents and guests, and ensure that office remains presentable and welcoming to all guests
- Assist Director of Development in setting donor meetings, building relationships with key gatekeepers, managing database information, and conducting detailed prospect research to identify giving capacity and alignment of prospective individual, corporate, and foundation donors
- Assist Director of Communications in key communications tasks, particularly related to the management of social media
- Assist CEO and all senior staff in the advancement of their roles and responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outgoing, dynamic personality
- Independent work ethic and initiative
- Understanding of public policy and knowledge of political processes
- Affinity for liberty and free market principles
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Letter of inquiry stating interest in and qualifications for the position
Materials should be emailed to Justin Owen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.